Software Developer/Software Engineer/Java Developer (Java, DevOps).
Great opportunity in Cornwall reporting to the Technology Director you will be responsible for the development of software solutions for the core digital platform.
Title: Software Developer (Java, DevOps).
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 pa + lots benefits.
Location: Cornwall , nr Plymouth commutable from Truro, Exeter. Tavistock, Liskeard, Saltash, Launceston, Bodmin
Type: Permanent .
Hours: Full time role - part time considered.
Overview This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented & passionate Core Java Developer for a new position within the company who wants to join a small team building a ground-breaking solution within FinTech with the remit to overcome some big technical challenges. This is a perfect opportunity to come on board & be part of an exciting new company based in a beautiful location with plenty of opportunity for a healthy work-life-balance. You'll have a love for best practice - writing clean, testable & scalable code.
You would have previously worked on products such as backend account applications & been responsible for the deployment process to the live environment. In this role you responsibilities will be stretched across two areas.
1. You will be working with the lead developer on the features of the core platform
2. You will determine, maintain & own the deployment, monitoring & alarming process for the platform (DEVOPS). As the environment is cloud-hosted, your prior experience with Amazon Web Services is key to the contribution to make in our team.
Your experience will be shared continuously with your colleagues within & outside the development team & over time your expertise will be passed on to junior staff who are still learning on the job. You will have influence & impact from day one, along with working on & contributing to a big idea.
• be a key contributor of software for the core platform in this project. This includes any web applications, APIs & databases required for the operation.
• develop & test all software according to the team coding standard
• develop all software according to the defined research direction
• contribute to the documentation of research outcomes
• own the configuration of the cloud hosting environment (AWS)
• own the configuration of the monitoring & alarming system (Icinga/OpsGenie)
• own the configuration of the continuous integration environment
Skills: The key thing is you have a desire for learning new things!
• Good working knowledge of the JAVA command set & the model-view-controller approach
• Proven commercial experience in JAVA,
• Experience in or a passion for DEVOPS,
• Object oriented programming,
• Relational databases like (PostgreSQL or Aurora),
• In command line Unix/Linux use, test driven development,
• Cloud hosting environments, monitoring systems, code repositories & continuous integration applications,
• Good working knowledge of Amazon Web Services & code repository systems like GitHub (or BitBucket),
• Designing & building large scale applications,
• Microservices orientated architectures & frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, DropWizard),
• Good working knowledge of agile processes,
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills,
• Excellent problem solving ability,
Desirable Skills: Some experience in any of the following:
• ELIXIR or other functional programming language,
• NoSQL databases,
• building APIs (CRUD & others) for 3rd party applications & use of API Gateways (Kong, Traefik, Apigee), • RPC, Apache Kafka,
• bash scripts & cron,
• of available third-party open-source code,
• AWS command-line configuration,
• automated builds for continuous deployment.
This is a team of highly motivated individuals who love achieving miracles under pressure & the joy of accomplishment that comes with it.
Call Laura Ramm on 01566 776 888 or email me your CV to email@example.com to learn more or apply!
View all itecopeople vacancies