Would you like to be at the forefront of a large-scale digital transformation of an organisation, which will radically transform the way the client operates with its data & technology to enable them to fully embrace data driven decision making. As part of this clients IT department, you will be working on Data & Agile development projects that make a real difference.
Reporting to the Data Architect & Manager, you will provide detailed technical subject matter expertise on data development & own the implementation of the greenfield data architecture within the Change & Improvement programme for the organisation. You will have complete flexibility to be responsible for continuity of approach to data across the client’s software development activities.
You will be responsible to drive how data is captured, stored, and used. Your work will help determines how the business makes decisions and functions!
Key Duties you will be responsible for are:-
• to own the implementation of the data architecture for the service
• be a subject matter expert (SME) on data development to the development team
• act as lead data representation on development projects
• engage with senior stakeholders to ensure that the data architecture being developed is in line with strategy
• ensure that the client can meet its obligations for good data husbandry including full data lifecycle management
• implement data structures, application data interfaces & automated data processes
• own a CPD programme for the IT department on data development
• facilitate knowledge transfer of SME into the Development team & wider IT team
Experience / Skills / Attributes.
Key skills you will need experience / knowledge of:-
• design & development within enterprise Data Architectures.
• Data Analysis techniques & methodologies.
• working effectively at a practitioner level within a software development function (from a Data point of view).
• working in an Agile methodology.
• testing methodologies & tooling in the context of data development.
• implementing database technologies to process spatial, relational & unstructured data.
• design approaches for good data husbandry, across the whole data lifecycle
• data mapping & successful data migrations
• implementing a performant micro-services based data architecture
• developing self-service business information tools
Other data skills & techniques that would be help & good to have some / experience in are:-
• data architecture design from conceptual to physical models.
• design, development & ongoing management of database technologies.
• entity relationship modelling diagramming techniques
• distributed source control technologies & their use within data development
• design & development of database solutions.
• working in a data centric software development environment.
Other skills needed:-
• front-tier / mid-tier development languages / software development methodologies & tooling.
• strategic thinker; ability to see the wider picture
• collaborative approach; promotes the need for change & acts as a role model for change.
• self-motivated - “can do” attitude; with some evidence of CPD
Job Title: Data Developer.
Location: Exeter, commutable from Taunton, Yeovil, Plymouth, Launceston. Relocation
Salary: £38,000 - £42,000. 32 days leave + Bank Holidays + Pension.
Interviews Week Commencing 12 November 2018
Start Date ASAP or a Notice Period.
If you would like to learn more about this amazing opportunity to work on a programme which may well not being undertaken in the UK on this scale then please call Simon
View all itecopeople vacancies