Technical Team Lead (C#) / Development Team Lead
This client makes great software that users love. You’ll be the technical leader of a small team, working with a product owner to develop & drive the flagship software product, used by world leading companies. They are passionate about creating software to the best of their ability & work hard to understand users’ needs, working with autonomy but collaboratively on all aspects from initial UI design through to testing.
They mostly develop in C# on Visual Studio & Rider, & provide all developers with an MSDN subscription & a ReSharper license. They have a no-blame peer review culture, with the aim of encouraging excellence, improvement & learning. They use GitHub for version control, & mostly follow the github-flow model.
They work closely with product owners to define features & priorities, allowing them to get involved in understanding their customer needs & balancing them against development costs. They use Agile processes & have daily stand-ups & regular retrospectives to keep honest & transparent. They take continuous improvement seriously & everyone’s opinion is valid & listened to. They use JIRA to host a Kanban board, & show key metrics & TeamCity build status on a team radiator.
- Developing innovative new ways for customers to interact with their data
- Building robust back-end solutions to enable customers to manage their databases
- Optimising the application to satisfy the rapid growth of information stored
- Evolving the product suite to keep pace with the changing needs of clients
You will have some or all of the following:
- Experience of the technical team lead role; leading, managing & directing other team members
- Extensive current, hands-on development experience with C# & the .NET framework
- Good knowledge of .NET libraries & frameworks, including idiomatic usage
- Ability to make effective use of debugging, diagnostic & profiling tools to build efficient software
- Analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems with solutions & be able to build consensus around those
- Good communication, presentation skills & an attention to detail
- Refactoring, including techniques to develop & extend legacy code
- Customer focus & an awareness of software usability issues
- Knowledge of at least 2 other languages (e.g. css, html, t-sql, TypeScript etc.) & platforms
- Expertise in the optimized, performance & scalable use of SQL Server in an application env’t
Title: Technical Team Lead / Development Team Lead
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Salary: £45k – c£55kpa negotiable on experience.
You’ll be working in a great team with modern technologies & an Agile environment
Competitive salaries & a comprehensive benefits package
You’ll receive our 12.5% non-contributory pension
Flexible working, to fit your family
You’ll be given the choice of private healthcare insurance or gym membership
They will tailor your induction & career development plan around you, your motivations & your skills
You’ll be invited to join the share options scheme
Development The client values their people & work hard to create an environment which rewards positivity & supports personal & professional development. As part of this commitment they provide a tailored induction plan, regular reviews & excellent opportunities for progression. They promote use of the latest technologies & encourage you to keep up to date with the latest developments, & hold regular software events & activities
If this appeals to you then please contact Simon on 01566 776 888 or send your CV to Simon@itecopeople.co.uk to progress matters
Services of itecopeople are those of an Agency
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies