Programmer / Developer / Software Developer – Devon.
Are you seeking an opportunity to work with the latest technology & be involved with an organisation where your work really will make a difference? This important client is undertaking large-scale digital transformation.
Role - Programmer / Developer / Software Developer
Day-to-day you will be part of an Agile development team creating new software applications & software services, to be used by front-line & back-office staff, using up-to-date technology utilising Java, React & Spring on a RESTful micro services architecture. If you do not have experience in that stack, don’t worry training can be provided.
Your main duties as a Programmer / Developer / Software Developer are being responsible for analysis, development, testing & release of software. To work with the business & stakeholders around requirements, in an Agile team, developing in Java.
As you would expect for a role of this type you will need to display original thinking & creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improvement; develop innovative approaches & ideas & be able to work & deliver to deadlines.
The development stack for this role is listed below however the client is completely flexible on the amount of development experience you have. You will need either:
Option 1, some commercial Java development experience (the client is flexible on how much you have) along with Java any experience in any of the rest of the development stack will be good.
Option 2, you do not have Java experience but you do have development experience in another language – but willing to learn & develop in Java. Along with that you will have some experience in some of the other parts of the development stack.
As you can see the key thing is to have some development experience (either in Java or another language) and a desire to produce software and code of a high standard to agreed plans. Along with good communication skills Development stack is below along with examples of suitable alternatives you could have experience in which would be fine for the client, but training will be provided if you don’t.
- integration technologies (Apache Camel)
- dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice, CDI)
- developing web services (REST or SOAP)
- source control techniques & technologies (Subversion, Git, Mercurial)
- build tools (Gradle, Maven, Ivy)
- relational database concepts, tools & languages including SQL
- development methodologies & tooling.
- testing methodologies & tooling.
- Open Source (OS) software market & experience of using OS alternatives to proprietary products, e.g. Alfresco, PostGreSQL etc.
Nice to haves. You may well have some experience or understanding of:
- design & full lifecycle development Agile methodologies.
- design & development of Software & Data Architectures.
- facilitating & participating in design workshops, & working with a non-technical audience.
- User Centric design approaches & experience of UX design for software
- Business Analysis techniques & methodologies.
- project management practices
Title: Programmer / Developer / Software Developer
Rate: c£33000 - £36500 pa + 32 days leave ( + Bank Holiday), flexible working, pension, gym, & more.
Start: ASAP client will wait for the right person.
Location: Devon. Commutable from Plymouth, Yeovil, Exeter, Taunton, Launceston.
So you like the sound of the organisation the generous 32 days leave appeals and you would like to learn more so please call Emily on 01566 776888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to progress matters. We look forward to speaking with you.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Employment Agency.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies