Software Test Manager – Testing, UAT, Leadership
Software Test Manager to join a great company where they believe their best asset is their people, where they want everyone to feel that they can make a difference and contribute to the organisations vision.
They would like to unlock the potential in all of their employees and maximise job satisfaction. Our client has a corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, a leading reward and recognition approach.
Role of Software Test Manager
As the Software Test Manager you will review testing requirements, be responsible for the test processes, testing approach and status reporting across development teams as part of the quality control of software product releases.
Responsible for producing and implementing a best practice software test strategy
Have line management responsibility of our existing Test Analyst.
This is a hands on role where you would - when necessary or required - be expected to contribute to writing of test scripts and assist the business in any test scenarios
Responsibilities of the Software Test Manager
- Reporting to the IT Production Manager, to provide technical and best practice leadership within the existing Test Team.
- Manage staff attendance, approval of holidays and absence management, working with the IT Production Manager to ensure adequate staff levels are available to meet production requirements.
- Conduct monthly 121’s with staff to ensure the objectives set by the IT Production
Manager are being met
- Continuous Improvement through standardisation of testing procedures, regular scripting reviews and coaching/mentoring as required
- Supporting all aspects of the business application testing, investigation and reporting of issues
- Supporting the testing of business reports and workflow working with the Business Analysts and System Analysts to ensure their accuracy and alignment to business needs as documented in the specification requirements
- Co-ordination of testing with testing for end users and other IT staff to cover all areas of the applications
- Assisting with the creation of end user release notes and the identification of user manual changes for the Training Team
The software Test Manager is to have proven experience in the following:
· Experience in leading testing teams including line management
· A proven testing background, and experience in UAT activities
·A proven track record of writing, reviewing and running test plans and test strategies within a software environment
· Wide experience of user acceptance testing, including usability, customer experience, customer journey, operational acceptance testing and post-implementation live testing
· Experience of interacting directly with end users for both projects and day to day work
If this role isn't for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague who might be interested.
We operate a referral scheme ranging between £200 -£500, or a new iPad, for each successfully placed candidate, if you know or think you know someone who could be interested in this opportunity, please pass this on to them for consideration. Please see our website for terms and conditions.
To hear more about this fantastic opening, please email email@example.com or call Emily on 01566 776888.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies