Application Services Manager.
Are you an organised people person who thrives on getting things done? If so this role will appeal to you.
Our client has recently restructured IT Service Delivery in line with ITIL best practice to improve efficiency & effectiveness.
As part of the Service Delivery Team, the Application Services Manager will work closely with business owners, taking responsibility for the ongoing management of a number of key IT Applications (i.e. HR, Finance, Personnel Training etc.) within IT including performance monitoring, reporting, planning improvements & stakeholder engagement. To ensure that the client gets what is contracted & agreed from the supplier & that any vendors get the required information & support from the client to be able to deliver to SLA.
The Application Services Manager will act as interface between business / vendors & stake holders taking a lead role in promoting the use of the IT Service Management (ITSM) toolset by all IT staff to enable effective ITSM that is broadly aligned with the ITIL framework.
The Application Services Manager's day to day activities will include working/liaising with:-
- business owners to ensure they are happy with the services being provided & to plan improvements.
- IT System users & suppliers to identify & implement improvements
- application owners to ensure the effective & efficient delivery of ICT services
- 3rd party system suppliers to ensure the effective & efficient delivery of ICT services including the management of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- IT functions to make sure that services are maintained
- IT Service Managers to assist with best use of the ITSM toolset to enable them to manage & report on their services
- planning, measuring & reporting on performance
- identifying & implementing agreed improvements as part of a continual service improvement plan
- maintain a service risk register & ensure business continuity plans are in place
- negotiate, with the appropriate business owner, Service Level Agreements for those services the post holder is responsible for managing
- maintain an effective Configuration Management Database, & related processes, to underpin all ICT Service Management activities in accordance with ITIL Best Practice
- produce documentation as required, including CSIP plans & the drafting & updating of support documentation, service policies & procedures
- promote the need for change & act as a role model for change
flexible, adaptable, collaborative approach
can be practical as well as conceptual
positive, committed, adaptable,
professional approach & conduct
- excellent people skills
- proven ability to organise effectively
- strong communication skills
- attention to detail
- negotiation skills
- managing IT services.
- worked with IT suppliers & vendors
- customer service approach to work
- ability to develop excellent working relationships with suppliers & customers.
- be proactive & take a lead when required.
- ability to work to & deliver to deadlines while managing conflicting priorities.
- can manage a varied workload
- understanding of the full Service Management lifecycle of ICT Services utilising ITIL Best Practice.
- knowledge of Microsoft enterprise software – Windows, Exchange, Active Directory etc.
Title: Application Services Manager.
Location: Exeter commutable from Plymouth, Launceston, Taunton, Yeovil
Duration: Permanent Post
Salary: £29,000 - £32,000. 32 days leave + bank holidays, pension & more!
So you like the sound of this good opportunity? Great so for further information, please contact Laura Ramm on 01566 776 888 or email your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to your application and talking with you.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies