Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Would you like to work in an exciting entrepreneurial environment where your work will help shape the future technology under pinning the company?
Summary. You will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer & you will be responsible for the development, maintenance & delivery of the strategic vision for information technology & digital, information security & business operations processes.
You will also be responsible for leading & managing a small core team within the IT team as well liaising with 3rd party suppliers of key IT services.
Key Accountabilities / Duties of the Chief Technology Officer:
- Set the vision & strategy for IT to align with the overall business strategy.
- Provide strategic & operational leadership for employees, infrastructure & systems landscape, inspiring the organisation around a consolidated vision & value for IT.
- Drive system automation by leveraging technology.
- Align technology solutions that serves customers’ needs against business strategy.
- Develop & maintain the business process & systems architecture.
- Agree/manage SLAs with internal stakeholders & externally with service providers.
- Ensure that Technology standards & policies are implemented aimed at maximizing effectiveness & minimising costs.
- Ensure that all processes & information management systems & networks operate according to internal security, standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies & legal requirements, including FCA.
- Own all IT development projects & the outcomes with measurable results.
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify risks & opportunities.
- Develop & maintain system disaster recovery plan in the event of power failure.
- Develop & enforce policies to ensure the protection of the company’s IT assets & data integrity.
- Develop & monitor the approved annual operating & capital budgets for IT systems.
Knowledge & skills:
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record / experience in :-
- Having run a similar sized IT department covering development, infrastructure, support, security etc.
- Leading, managing, & developing high performing IT teams.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or Application Life Cycle (ALC) methodology.
- While you won’t be developing you will ideally have some experience in at least one coding language or come from a development background – just to understand how development projects go!.
- Requirements gathering for development of systems
- Ability to learn about & apply new systems & applications which are un complicated and solve customer problems.
- Managed Software / Application Developers
- Implementing new technology platforms into a company.
- Understanding of financial services / banking / loans sector.
Key competencies / attributes :-
- Customer Focussed.
- Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Responsibility & leadership.
- Results Focused.
- Adaptable / able to context switch easily.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Able to roll up sleeves and get stuck in.
Title: Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Location: South West of England. Commutable from Exeter, Plymouth. Applications from people who would relocate would be welcome.
Start Date: ASAP. Client will wait for the right person.
Salary: c#80,000 per annum + 25 days leave + Death In service Insurance, Pension,
Duration: This is a permanent Appointment.
This a company where the senior staff and board actively listens to its staff, welcomes ideas from them and acts quickly to implement new ideas.
If you would like to learn more about this role or wish to apply then please call Simon Dunscombe on 01566 776 888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies