Mobile App Development Lead
- Do you want to work with a globally recognised leader in the provision of Smart Tech in the Internet of Things?
- Do you want to work with the latest tech & get training to develop your career?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for you to join this first class company who are a global specialist in energy management with a mission to make the most of energy. They are passionate about delivering real & innovative solutions + smart products in.
The client design & manufacture connected home products & services that include the physical products that go in homes, the apps used & the cloud-hosted software that make it all work well together. You will be working within a cross-functional development team that consists of app developers, cloud service developers & architects, electronics design engineers, mechanical & product designers, embedded software & manufacturing teams.
Job Title: Mobile App Development Lead.
Location: Maidenhead preferred, Devon possible as alternative.
Duration: Permanent, Full Time.
Start Date: ASAP, client will wait for the right person.
Salary: c #55,000 - # 75,000 pa (dependant on location) + 28 day leave + pension, + insurance + health care.
Purpose of this role
You will be a technical lead to provide line management & technical direction to the mobile app team of 4 developers. This team is responsible for creating end-user-facing apps for the connected IoT products, providing compelling experiences on Android & iOS.
The apps created use & cloud-hosted software & are key to make it all work well together. You will be working with a cross-functional agile development team that consists of app developers, cloud service developers, electronics & embedded software engineers & mechanical/product designers.
- work with embedded, cloud & mobile developers & our design partners to develop best-in-class user apps
- create the detailed user experience based on input from creative design team
- scope, define, build & deliver technical solutions with a clear focus on user needs & experience
- provide leadership in development technologies & methods
- analyse, diagnose & resolve application-based defects in a timely manner
- maintain & extend links with other Application development teams in the wider business to ensure consistency of approach.
- Self-starter & can-do attitude
- Can work in a fast-paced environment
- Worked on consumer-facing apps & secure apps
- Interest in the IoT
- Strong communications skills
- Team player, comfortable engaging proactively with teams across the business
- Ideally a degree, or equivalent, in a related computer science discipline
- Understand the mobile landscape, architectures, & emerging technologies & toolkits
- Proven mobile app development, in Android, iOS or Xamarin
- Technical Lead role experience (Team Leader)
- Architecture, design patterns & clean coding
- Propose & choose development technologies, toolkits, frameworks.
- Responsible for build & integration strategy.
- Cross functional development including server-side & IoT device components
- Development Process
- Branching strategy
- Release management
- Publishing to app stores
- Working with a UX designer/team & of UX best practices
- Continuous Integration (and ideally delivery) using TeamCity.
- Git or equivalent
- Automated unit testing
- Automated UI testing (ideally Xamarin UI Test)
- Cybersecurity Awareness of common vulnerability of methods of defence, Threat Modelling & Pen Testing
- Python and/or scripting languages
- Use of analytics for in-field analysis
- Connectivity BLE & WiFi
- Xamarin Forms & Native (Android & iOS) or Xaml (if no previous Xamarin experience)
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies