2nd Line Support / IT Support Engineer.
Would you like to work for a rapidly expanding IT Consultancy who pride themselves on the customer service they give their clients, who are now looking to add to their ambitious IT Support team due to winning new contracts across the UK.
You will be providing 2nd/3rd line support both remotely and on client sites. You will have to be comfortable in being client facing, as you will be the face of the business when offering support on site.
This is a 2nd line support technical role which will include an element of 3rd line support. There is career progression available and the opportunity to work on project delivery.
Title: 2nd Line Support / IT Support Engineer
Location: Gloucester. Commutable from Stroud, Cheltenham, Tewksbury.
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000 pa neg on exp. Plus benefits.
Start Date: ASAP.
• Provide 2nd line support remote (or on site).
• Identifying root cause, and advise or resolve issues
• Work as a team on complex issues
• Keep up to date with existing and emerging technologies
• Be in involved in Field Engineer work
• Be involved in project work.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
This role will suit either a person who is currently in a 2nd line support role looking for a fresh challenge or someone who is ready to progress their career from 1st line / helpdesk into 2nd line support.
What is important that you have a can do attitude, a positive switched on approach to working with customers, be open to learning new skills and the ability to work well in a team. The company values these attributes in a person looking to join the company as much as good technical skills.
• Windows Desktop environments, including Windows 7, 8 & 10
• Windows Server 2008 / 2012
• MS Exchange Server 2013 / 2016
• Networking – LAN, WAN, firewalls
• Wireless networks
• Virtualisation – VMware / Hyper-V
• Thorough understanding of Information Security best practices
• Understanding of ITIL best practices
Desirable (any of the following would be a plus).
• Office 365 and Exchange Online
• AVG Cloud Care Antivirus
• Cisco Meraki cloud managed networks
• Experience in a managed services environment
• Cloud hosting (Azure, AWS, Softlayer)
• Cloud migration experience
• Mobile computing
The role may involve travel to customer sites throughout the UK. Participation in an on-call roster may be required in future. Some overnight stays, evenings and weekend working may be required.
Driving License and own transport essential.
If this appeals to you then please contact Emily on 01566 776 888 or send your CV to email@example.com
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies