QA Test Engineer
Are you an experienced QA Test Engineer proud of testing skills? Would you like to work with a likeminded, highly skilled team of testers & developers? Do you want to work with a leading company that it globally recognised as a leader in its market sector? Read on….
They make great software that their users love. You’ll be working in a small team with developers & a product owner to test the flagship software product, used by world leading companies. They are passionate about creating software to the best of their ability & work hard to understand our users’ needs, working with autonomy but collaboratively on all aspects of the project lifecycle.
What testers do:
They are increasing use of automation in testing, & make good use of that in performance, load & smoke testing. However, there’s still lots of manual testing to do, & do so all the way from test design, setup & execution for new features, through exploratory testing to regression testing of a suite of products at regular intervals.
They work closely with product owners to define features & priorities, allowing them to get involved in understanding customer needs & balancing them against development costs. They use Agile processes & have daily stand-ups & regular retrospectives to keep honest & transparent. They take continuous improvement seriously & everyone’s opinion is valid & listened to. They use Jira to host a Kanban board, & show key metrics & TeamCity build status on a team radiator.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional experience in software testing (including writing test case as well as running them)
- Experience of using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, TestStack.White, SpecFlow or Coypu.
- A good understanding of current software testing methodologies & ideas.
- Strong analytic & diagnostic skills.
- An aptitude for programming / scripting.
- Strong numerical skills & the ability to understand complex systems.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning, & adapting to, new technologies.
Some of the things you might be doing:
- Working closely with the Product Owner & Lead developer to design a set of test cases to cover new functionality
- creating suite of automated smoke tests in support of our continuous integration environment
- automation of our regression testing suite via our evolving automation test framework
- Investigating new ways in which we could extend the reach of our performance, load & security testing capabilities.
Title: QA Test Engineer
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Salary: £35k – c£45 kpa negotiable on experience.
- You’ll be working in a great team with modern technologies & an Agile environment.
- Competitive salaries & a comprehensive benefits package.
- You’ll receive our 12.5% non-contributory pension.
- Flexible working, to fit around your family.
- You’ll be given the choice of private healthcare insurance or gym membership.
- They will tailor your induction & career development plan around you, your motivations & your skills.
- You’ll be invited to join the share options scheme.
The client values their people & work hard to create an environment which rewards positivity & supports personal & professional development. As part of this commitment they provide a tailored induction plan, regular reviews & excellent opportunities for progression.
This role offers excellent development potential, with the opportunity to further improve your development skills across a broad range of technologies & practices. They promote use of the latest technologies & encourage staff to keep up to date with the latest developments, & hold regular events & activities.
Depending on your interests, there are opportunities to progress in the future.
If this appeals to you then please contact Simon on 01566 776 888 or send your CV to Simon@itecopeople.co.uk to progress matters.
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies