Software Development Test Engineer - Devon
• Do you want to work with a globally recognised leader in the provision of Smart Tech?
• Do you want to work with the latest tech & get training to develop your career?
• Do you have a strong attention to detail?
• Are you a proactive?
The client is a global specialist in energy management with a mission to make the most of energy, they are passionate about delivering real & innovative solutions + smart products in. They are investing in expansion &recently launched an exciting new range of Internet & cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
As a Software Development Test Engineer you will focus on a range of test approaches to help create high-quality software. You will have a deep interest for testing & test automation in the context of a whole-system environment & work closely with the Core Development Teams to improve code quality, increase test coverage, & create tools to ensure world-class products work as expected.
You will work as part of an Agile team practicing continuous integration, implementing innovative technical test solutions for encompassing Cloud architectures, mobile devices & embedded systems. You will be comfortable working closely with members of the development team at code level as well as with colleagues focussed on system testing, hardware & electronics design in an environment supporting engineering best practises.
Skills / Experience needed:-
This role will suit someone either with test experience or a person who has some development experience looking for a different career within IT development.
So we are open to talking to you and depending on you and your experience level you will not need experience in all of the below – just a desire to learn
- Experience or interest in test automation & a desire to develop test automation frameworks.
- Some demonstrable programming skills & previous experience of test development (or a desire to learn).
- An interest in technical testing & associated test tools (e.g. Postman, Wireshark)
- Some knowledge of Test & Behaviour Driven Development.
- Some previous experience working with developers during unit & component test.
- Working with developers during unit & component test activities.
- Understanding of Object oriented coding skills e.g. C#.
- Interest in technical testing & associated test tools (e.g. Postman, Wireshark).
- Working in Agile development environments, including Scrum
- A professional, proactive attitude with good interpersonal skills.
- Be a robust & tenacious self-starter with a passion for solving a problem & delivering quality.
- ISTQB Foundation certification or a willingness to acquire it within the probation period.
- Writing automation tests & integrating with software build tools, if not a willingness to learn.
Job title: Software Development Test Engineer
Salary: Base salary up to £32,500 pa plus benefits.
Location: South West England, commutable from Exeter, Devon, Plymouth, Truro, Taunton.
Start Date: ASAP, client will wait for the right person.
If you are interested in working with this global company with an excellent peer group in a dynamic environment in a sector that is going to be a vital part of the future, in a beautiful part of the world then call us on 01566 776 888 or email email@example.com
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
System test, systems testing, automated testing, behaviour driven development, behave, software testing, embedded firmware testing, quality, connected home, smart home, Internet of Things, IoT, App testing, embedded systems, SDET, Software Development Engineer in Test.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies