Senior Technical Solutions Engineer
£40000 - £44999 per annum
Senior Technical Solutions Engineer – Gloucestershire – Up to £45,000 – Permanent
About the Company
I’m currently working with an IT managed service provider based in Gloucestershire who are now looking to expand their project team. Over the past 18 months, their annual growth rate has been more than 30% so this is an excellent time to join the company, especially if you’re looking for career progression & to expand your skillset. We’re looking for someone who have either had some experience in delivering projects or someone who wants to transition from the support function & is capable and comfortable in being client facing.
Title: Senior Technical Solutions Engineer.
Location: Gloucester (+ travel to client site). Commutable from Cheltenham, Bristol.
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 pa neg on experience + benefits
Start: ASAP Client will wait for the right person.
Duration: Permanent role.
- Sit with customers to discuss plan and agree how technical solutions will be implemented
- Delivers project work within agreed timescales, managing the expectations of key stakeholders
- Gather project requirements from stakeholders, end users & 3rd party technology providers.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team to develop their skills and abilities
- Shares knowledge with colleagues in an open & supportive manner
- Ensure all company & client data & systems are kept safe from threats
- Maintain communication with end users & 3rd parties at all times.
- understands commercial pressures of business.
- Approaches issues in a logical manner & takes ownership through to completion.
- Pro-actively builds own knowledge & experience to keep up to date with existing & emerging technologies.
- Windows Desktop environments
- Windows Server
- Office 365 & Exchange Online
- Networking (LAN, WAN, WiFi & firewalls)
- Virtualisation (VMware / Hyper-V)
- Thorough understanding of Information Security best practices
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
- Cloud hosting (Azure, AWS)
- Cloud migration experience
- Datacentre hosting
- SAN Designing & Scoping
- Citrix Implementation & Administration
- Experience in a Managed Services environment
- Linux Administration
- Mobile computing & MDM
If this appeals to you then please contact Laura on 01566 776 888 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency.
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies