C/C++ Senior Embedded Software / Firmware Engineer.
Are you a highly talented & self-motivated Embedded Software/ Firmware Engineer looking for a new engineering challenge with a leading company building is range of home automation & Internet-of-Things products. Working with a highly experience peer group, you will be responsible for creating software for a wide range of projects.
Title: C/C++ Senior Embedded Software Engineer/ Firmware Engineer.
Duration: Full time, Permanent.
Location: Devon or Berkshire. Commutable from Exeter, Plymouth, Taunton, Reading, Bracknell, Slough Maidenhead.
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 + Pension, generous Holiday, training.
Start: ASAP client will wait for the right person.
About the company.
The client is the global specialist in energy management & automation operating in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy & process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient & sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, the technology, software & services improve the way customers manage & automate their operations.
They are investing heavily in the design & development of smart products which harness the Internet-of-Things to expand into new markets & leverage existing ones.
Your key responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle involvement in the detailed design, coding & validation of C/C++ embedded software.
- Co-ordinate with other teams to ensure the timely delivery of new products according to agreed timescales.
- Work to best practice for code integrity & design validation.
- Ensure that the integrity of . the system & software architecture is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the product
As an embedded C/C++ software engineer you will have a structured approach to design & verification with demonstrable skills in selecting appropriate software architectures. You will be able to produce efficient embedded software implementations & have a good appreciation of electronic hardware.
You will play a key role in the realisation of leading-edge smart home products. It is key that you can demonstrate a successful track record of embedded software delivery in your career to date. You will have a passion for design excellence & demonstrate outstanding technical competence.
Essential skills & experience:
- Proven skills in embedded C & C++ for resource-constrained platforms.
- Excellent understanding of electronics & microcontroller-based embedded systems.
- Degree in computer science, electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent.
- Self-starting, demonstrating a high degree of initiative intaking on challengesin a fast-moving environment.
- Proven ability to work well in a team.
- Experience of low-power wireless communications, such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or WiFi.
Non-Technical Competencies Required:
- Excellent time management skills
- Open communicator
- Pro-active & collaborative team worker (cross-functional teams including external development partners)
- The initiative to innovate & champion change
- Freely accepts & welcomes technical ownership
This client actively develops its employees and offers a great support and training environment. Are you interested? Then please call Simon Dunscombe for more information on 01566 776 888 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Services advertised by itecopeople are those of an Agency
Call itecopeople today on 01566 776888
View all itecopeople vacancies